Question
Posted by: carol2007 | 2007/06/21

Cybershrink post 2283 BIPOLAR

Sorry doc, what you are basically trying to tell me is that the Alzam .5 dosage anf fluoxetine 20 combination is an incorrect combination. A recipe for disaster? I am a little blond as you have most probably gathered in prior correspondence......Thanking you in advance. Thanks for all the helpful advice you give on this site.

NO, not a recipe for disaster. But maybe not essential in such situations, and with its own potential problems. I cannot understand why so many doctors seem to have become convinced that it is an antidepressant --- it is NOT. It is a typical, sedative tranquillizer of the Valium family of benzodiazepines, and is NOT antidepressant. That;s all.
And because ALL benzo's can cause dependence, espcially if used in larger doses for extended periods of time, one needs to be cautious about increasing the dose and extending the lngth of time for which one takes it. Genuinely expert consensus statements, from major psych organizations, have agreed on that.