Question
Posted by: worried | 2004/12/07

CyberShrink please help

Could you please supply me with councellors in the JHB region to assist us with relationship problems. Please read > Gay Relationship problems>

We never recommend specific therapists on this site, for several excellent reasons. But generally I find most people are able to find what they want in terms of relationship counselling, by calling a national organization, FAMSA which trains and links a range of mariage / relatonship counsellors. I know of no register or listing of those shrinks / counsellors with special knowledge / experience / understanding of specifically gay relationship problems ( though I find in general, relationship problems are relationship problems ). If you felt a gay-sympathetic attitude was specially important to you, try local gay organizations, who would, I guess, be most likely to be aware of such counsellors.

2
Posted by: worried | 2004/12/07

Tnank Doc, I will contact FAMSA, I've had a bad exprience with a Psychologist regarding being gay and thought you could be of assistance.

Reply to worried
Posted by: Bee | 2004/12/07

Relax, CS will answer you in good time.

Reply to Bee