Question
Posted by: Carol | 2007/06/12

CYBERSHRINK

Hi cybershrink, took yoour advice and got hold of doc again. He has told me now to take two of the Fluoxetine20's in the morning instead of one and keep to his perscribed one alzam 0.5mg. Does this sound right to you> Cannot stand the ups and downs i am getting now they are worse now than they where before the meds. I feel like i want to kill myself, the feeling is so intense sometimes I want to scream and take action. I hear what you say about it being side effects of the meds. Thank you for your support. I feel really alone sometimes and worthless. It has been a great help knowing that both you and this site is available. If it wasnt i dont know what id do. THANK YOU

Pleased to know we're of some help to you, Carol. 2 x 20, ie 40 mg a day sounds pretty regular. And as they can be slightly stimulating in some people, taking them in the morning is reasonable if you are having any sleeping problems. As I've said, if things don't settle down in the next week or two, consider seeing a good local psychiatrist or second opinion, for a re-assessment. You are never worthless, and never will be. Keep contact with us, and keep safe.