Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2007/02/24

Cybershrink

As always thank you for your advise, deep inside of me I know that I need to stop cause I tend to not know where my limits are and its always a problem when you need to drink to numb things out.

So yes, thank you - Going to take a multi vitamin that has been laying around and do it one step and one day at a time.

I know it is the best for me......

I hope I can keep posting on the forum about my process cause I know its not going to be easy......

Keep you posted Cybershrink and as always thank you for the advise

Looking forward to forthcoming bulletins

4
Posted by: Dove | 2007/02/26

If you have to try to stop drinks then you are an alcoholic, but remember an alcoholic will not accept that they are an alcoholic.Until you accept them it will not help much

Reply to Dove
Posted by: Buzz | 2007/02/24

That's good to know Kasandra! I didn't mean to make you sound like one, but reading back it may have looked that way - sorry!

Families - urgh - need I say more. Good luck with everything!

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Kasandra | 2007/02/24

Thank you Buzz, I would not go so far as to call myself an alcoholic but I am very aware of the warning signs and think it wiser to stop due to the fact that I am going through a bit of an emotional situation in the family.

I know AA and they are a big help.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Buzz | 2007/02/24

Kasandra, well done on your decision to stop drinking! I hope you're still going strong and that you're able to keep to your resolve.

I've tried so many times to quit smoking, and I'm sure giving up alcohol must be much harder - so in a small way I understand addiction. Sometimes we need more than just our resolve and willpower - have you considered joining the AA? I believe the members are very helpful, and these meetings become like a lifeline to many reformed alcoholics.

I wish you strength and send you lots of good wishes.

Take care and good luck.

Reply to Buzz