Posted by: DizzyD | 2005/11/17

Cybershink - please advise on post 11059!!!

I haven't had a reply from you on my posting and yours is the most important to me because I know that you could answer the question properly!

Please give me advise.... what exactly does it mean to be commited?? My shrink I have discussed it because I am very suicidal at the moment and am mostly a danger to myself.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

DD, I have now answered it ( I had my one day a week off yesterday the day varies, often Wednesdays ). If you are suicidal, discuss this with your shrink and take his advice, as you are worth protecting until you are capable of living safely and hapilly again

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Frosty | 2005/11/17

Haai DissieDie. Ek het erens gelees dis so maklik soos brekfis. Vat nou maar eiers en bacon - die hoenner is "involved", maar die vark is "committed".

Reply to Frosty
Posted by: Jade | 2005/11/17

Phone your pshychiatrist now. I don't think you should ponder about this any longer.
There is nothing wrong with asking her what she means, and what she has planned for you.
Only your phsychiatrist will know which hospital/institution she was planning on having you sent to and for how long. Then you phone your medical aid and get pre-authorisation and see if they will pay for it.

Hang in There & Be safe.
Let us know how things go with you.

Reply to Jade
Posted by: Helena of Troy | 2005/11/17

He aint here on Thursday's girl!

Reply to Helena of Troy
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/17

phone your psychiatrist and just ask him what being committed entails......... CS won't just magically pick your question before any others... he will work his way through it all and get to it when he gets to it...... if you are suicidal the best thing to do is get hold of your psychiatrist.

Reply to ...
Posted by: Patience | 2005/11/17

Hang on,
CS will answer your question, but He is obviously very busy. You only posted the question today so I'm sure you will have an answer by tomorrow.

CS does answer every question on this site.

I think though that if you are suicidal then you should definately go get help. Why not phone your pshychiatrist today, now, and ask her what she has in mind. Where she was thinking of having you comitted & for how long?

Take care of yourself.

Reply to Patience

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.