Question
Posted by: Vee | 2004/11/20

CYBERG : TOO LATE

SO CYBER YOU SAY I MUSN'T BE IMPATIENT - HOW DO YOU FEEL NOW -THE GIRL COMMITTED SUICIDE.

Vee, your spitefulness and failure to take absolutely obvious steps might possibly have contributed to this tragic outcome, but absolutely nothing I did or did not do, and nothing whatsoever to do with this forum, had anything to do with it. I am sick of telling people to use very simple common sense. This site DOES NOT and CAN NOT deal with emergencies, and that should be obvious to everyone. We provide emergency numbers for community-based services which CAN deal with emergencies and crisis, and you are repeatedly asked to call there, not to post messages here, in such situations.
In an emergency, Take the person to the nearest hospital casualty dept. Call their GP or their shrink, if they already have one. They need to meet, face-to-face with a doctor. Don't waste time talking about them online.
Do you really think it is imaginable that anyone could provide a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online service promising an immediate response to all messages, and free of charge ? Be realistic. You received prompt and helpful responses to your messages. The girl had responsibility for her own life, and a duty to seek appropriate help from appropriate resources, which cannot, ever, be online. Her family and friends, if they had any reason to be worried about such a possible outcome, should, similarly, have contacted her doctor and taken her to hospital.
Don't blame other people for your own guilt feelings. Maybe you did all that could be done by anyone other than the girl herself, as it is possible for someone to ignore and refuse good offers of help. But don't blame us for not providing magic. We're not in the magic business.

3
Posted by: Q | 2004/11/22

Good morning Vee,

I am very sorry to hear about what has happened, but the reaction you are getting is just. We had not long ago lost one off our most loved regulars due to suecide and it broke all of us. This is why when we get into this kind of situations we refure to the top telphone numbers and in extreme cases even ask people to go to hospital for help!! Not even a month ago we neerly lost anothere persone but thank heavens it dit not happen!!! We do feel for you but if you do not take the advise there is not much we can do about it and that is the facts of it, if you know there is something wrong and you got the advice then its up to you but ultimately up to her to look for help. Sorry but although i am very sad for the waist of live I do not think you kan hold anybody resposible for that action ecsept for the girl in question!! Best of luck girl!!!

Reply to Q
Posted by: Paul | 2004/11/21

Vee you are one continental pain in my ass!

Have you nothing better to do than waste space on the webserver, Ive already stopped reading your posts due to your past example, however made a mistake of reading this, I deserve it for that.

Your post above is in very poor taste and reflects your pre school mentality. Bugger off and leave us alone.

Please.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Gee | 2004/11/21

its downright spiteful to blame anyone for the death of the suicide of this person. cybershrink does a brilliant job on this site. I'm sorry for you loss, but don't take it out on this site at all. there are many people who have been helped here, and who will receive help in the future.

Reply to Gee