Question
Posted by: Pam | 2007/05/03

Cyberdoc please help

Hi Cyberdoc

Over the weekend I spring cleaned and noticed some ants going behind my fridge so decided to push the fridge outa the way and investigate. Sprayed DOOM that left the floor slippery so i slipped and twisted my knee. I heard something snap.

The left side of my knee is quite painful and i cannot stretch my leg out straight as it hurts too much. Its not swolen or blue and i am able to walk although i am limping.

What could i have damaged? Your advice will be appreciated.

Hi Pam
You probably tore a ligament or injured the meniscus - bind the knee with broad crepe bandage from halfway down your thigh to halfway down your calve - should not be too tight but should restrict the bending of the knee somewhat ( effect of a soft or bendable cast) You can take anti-inflammatories like Neurofen. If the knee starts swelling or throb or becomes red and warm you should rather see your doctor.