Question
Posted by: Rencha | 2006/07/20

CVS

On the 4th of July I had a CVS done, I did receive the first result that is 95% correct and it shows that there a no abnormality`s does it meen that my baby is healthy and is there a change that the second one that I will receive on the 24th of July next week can still show that there is something wrong and hou accurate is the Chorion Villus Sampling. The reason why we deside to do the CVS is because on the ultrasound it shows that the baby`s nuchal fold is 2.7mm. I am verry worried and the waiting is killing me

I think that what you had done was a FISh, which tests for three chromosomes problems which are commonest. If this was normal, it means that the baby does not have Down syndrome or Trisomy 13 or 18. The full result may show a problem with one of the other chromosomes which is rarer. Even if both results are normal, there can still be a non-chromosome problem such as a heart defect.