Question
Posted by: greywolve | 2004/03/09

Cutting Diet..

Hey could someone explain what are the essentials for a cutting diet and workout routine? how much protein/carbs/fats to reduce body fat? and how does your workout routine change from bulking to cutting? lighter weights with more reps ? cardio ?

also have i got the right train of thought here, i first bulk up, by eating plenty of carbs, protein, and a little fat, and of course working out 3 times a week then when im the weight i want to be i start the cutting diet?

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Greywolve,

C and Bloubul both have interesting arguments. I have personally found that restricting my carb intake helps me to drop fat more effectively than most other methods. I don't cut out carbs completely as I still need carbs to recover from my workouts, I just decrease it more than the average amount.

I would suggest that you contact a dietician for the optimal eating plan for your needs. As for a training program you would need to increase the amount of cardio in your training regimen as well as perhaps go on a higher rep/lighter weight program.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist

2
Posted by: bloubul | 2004/03/10

I would not go for the very low carb diet (you could end up losing muscle!), but rather a balanced diet, 50% protein, 30% carb, 20% fat (Essential Fats).
No need to change your workout routine.
Just monitor your Bodyfat% very closely when you are bulking, try to keep it as low as possible (it will make life easier when you switch to cutting diet)

Reply to bloubul
Posted by: c | 2004/03/10

Very low carb diet but eat a lot of protein - 85% of your diet should consist of protein.Protein will help you cut

Reply to c