Question
Posted by: werner | 2005/11/24

cuts hair

my sister cuts her eyelashes off and shaves her eyebrows off and cuts her hair. She says its because she gets upset but i dont know if that is true because she has been known to be a cronic liar. I dont know what i should do because me and my family dont know what to do for the best. Please be serious in your replies!

This is an example of a bad habit ( like some people bite their fingernails, or twist and tug at their hair. They do seem to do this either completely absent mindedly or when they are under greater stress. What she needs, though, as this does sound like a variation on the self-mutilation of people who cut themselves, would be to see a good local psychologist for assessment and counselling, as it must look ugly, and it suggests that she is more troubled than she admits.