Posted by: Susan | 2007/03/21

Curving at the top


I have a daughter that is 9 and she is curving at the top..what we can say is hunched

I remind her all the time..walk straight or sit straight but it seems that it comes naturally.

It is not bad now but I fear what might happen later.

I know that in the past there was a vest that could be used
a posture vest or something like that.

Where can I get that please...or is there any other

I am not on medical aid so I cannot buy something expensive


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageChiroDoc

Hi Susan - best to have your daughter examined first. She may need more than a device to straighten her up -

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: CHIRODOC | 2007/03/21

This could indeed be an adolescent Kyphosis - much depends upon familial history - genetic traits etc - or simply a poor posture. For an accurate evaluation it will be advisable to consult an expert in the field of spinal care - such as a Chiropractor. Supports etc are not necessarily the answer.

Posted by: Dean | 2007/03/21

I think it is called kyphosis..not sure


Reply to Dean

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.