Question
Posted by: Susan | 2007/03/21

Curving at the top

HI

I have a daughter that is 9 and she is curving at the top..what we can say is hunched

I remind her all the time..walk straight or sit straight but it seems that it comes naturally.

It is not bad now but I fear what might happen later.

I know that in the past there was a vest that could be used
a posture vest or something like that.

Where can I get that please...or is there any other
solution

I am not on medical aid so I cannot buy something expensive

Susan

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Hi Susan - best to have your daughter examined first. She may need more than a device to straighten her up -

2
Posted by: CHIRODOC | 2007/03/21

This could indeed be an adolescent Kyphosis - much depends upon familial history - genetic traits etc - or simply a poor posture. For an accurate evaluation it will be advisable to consult an expert in the field of spinal care - such as a Chiropractor. Supports etc are not necessarily the answer.

Reply to CHIRODOC
Posted by: Dean | 2007/03/21

I think it is called kyphosis..not sure

Dean

Reply to Dean