Question
Posted by: CR | 2003/01/20

Curious about Altzheimers disease

Hi Doc,
I was listening to a radio program about Altzheimers disease, bit unfortunately only cought the end of the discussion.Now i am curious to know about it. Can you please tell me what causes this disease and i have only really heard of elderly people getting it. Are there ways of preventing this disease, like you can prevent heart disease by exercising and eating healthly? Thanks.

CR, if you still have questions after having read the info in our A-Z of diseases, please post them as a new question and I’ll do my best to answer them. There is an Alzheimer's association (ARDA) in Johannesburg that will send you some literature on request. Their phone numbers are (011) 678-9413 and (011) 726-6630. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Health24 | 2003/01/20

Dear CR
You may be interested in our comprehensive Alzheimer's and Dementia Condition Centre (click on the Condition link at the top of the page). It was written and compiled by Dr Frans Hugo, a psychiatrist who specialises in the field.
Hope you find it useful.
Kind regards
Health24

Reply to Health24