Question
Posted by: Wayne | 2004/11/18

Curious

hi there, can GynaeDoc or the ladies please shed some light on my question. is it necessary or a must for a female to get a DnC after having a still birth, miscarriage at 6mnths? from what i've heard, is that ladies do fall quick pregnant after having a DnC. Could not having one, result in having PCOS? & not falling pregnant after 1year and 9mnths of trying to conceive after a still birth.
All opinions will be much appreciated.

At 6 months, it is usually not necessary for a D&C. It is a myth that this increases the chances of pregnancy and it has nothing to do with PCOS.

2
Posted by: wayne | 2004/11/19

Hi Nuffing, thank you for your reply. much appreciated!

Reply to wayne
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/11/19

Wayne I had a pre-term labour and delivery at 25 weeks (just under 6 months). The baby was born alive and was competely delivered, as was the placenta. We had no explaination as to the cause.

As she was too young and was not assisted she died - in my arms.

I had no D&C or any other procedure afterwards. At my request.

I gave myself the rest of the year to heal and get over it, and about 9 months later we started trying again. I was pregnant in 2 months and carried with no probems, eventually going 11 days over due andf having to be induced! I now have 2 boys.

Good luck.

Reply to Nuffing