Question
Posted by: moi | 2010/10/02

culturelle

For the last 2 months (maybe more) I''ve noticed a very smelly discharge, almost fishy. There is absolutely no discomfort, no itching, no burning, no anything except this odour. My gynae is fully booked for ages so I can''t get an appointment (small town so not many of them). She once prescribed culturelle for me when I had a similar discharge situation and said it was worthwhile getting it from time to time just to stabilise anything down there. I got some about 2weeks ago but the one I got from the pharmacy was the type that needs to be swallowed whereas the one she gave me had to be inserted.

Is there a difference in efficacy? Should i be using the vaginal capsules or will the others have the same desired effect

Most probiotics are taken orally so this should be fine.

1