Question
Posted by: Sapph | 2007/05/11

Culture

I recently had a urine culture done, and it came back as showing no signs of growth and infection. however, there were pus cells confirmed in the urine. my doctor said that it takes 1 little drop of vaginal fluid to change things.

what i would like to know is: if a drop of vaginal fluid got into the urine and i had some kind of bacteria or std or whatever, would it show up in the urine culture, or do i have to have a pap smear to determine that?

thanks!

The urine would not diagnose vaginal infection. You would need a vaginal swab for that/.