Question
Posted by: sarah | 2004/10/25

cud diving hav caused my period pains

at 19 i learnt how to swim. the day i learnt how to dive i returned home and had got my periods. with it terribly painful periods. from that day on i got cramps every month threafter. i though it wud stop but 2 and 1/2 yrs later i'm still suffering with it. and its just getting worse. some1 suggested i take the pill 2 stop it. from 1 day of pain i'm now in pain for 2 days. pain killers are getting more useless by the month. cud i hav damaged something inside? sum1 said i may hav twisted my tubes? what could hav started my pains? i never had it growing up until i started diving. plz help.

Diving would not have caused your period pains. The first couple of years often are pain free, till your hormones stabilise. Many women have the pains you describe. You can try taking Ponstan with your periods, or else use the Pill.