Question
Posted by: bloaty | 2003/12/02

cucumber

Is it true that cucumber can make you bloated, I think I may have iether IBS or wheat intollerance or even Candida, and I think that Cucumber might be affecting me too, is this possible or is it my imagination?

Dear Reader
Cucumber is known for causing wind, esp the small ordinary varieties (English cucumbers are less implicated). If you are suffering from repeated bloating, then it is essential to have a medical examination as these symptoms can be caused by all the conditions you mention, as well as ulcers, gall stones, lack of digestive enzymes, hiatus hernia, etc. Self-diagnosis just does not work and may delay your recovery, so do go for a checkup so that you can get a diagnosis and then we can see what dietary changes are required.