Question
Posted by: Netria | 2007/03/12

CSIRO diet

I've embarked on the CSIRO Well-being diet, as I feel protein keeps me saturated longer than carbos, and my day more or less looks like this:
Breakfast:40g hi-fibre bran
150 ml fat-free milk
Snack:
1 banana & cup of herbal tea with 1 sweetener
Lunch:
2 slices whole grain bread
2 tsp olive oil margarine
handfull lettuce
100g chicken roll sliced
Snack:
Cafein-free coffee with 100ml fat-free milk & 1 sweetener
Apple
Dinner:
200g chicken breast
gem squash
tomato/onion/cucumber
1 tsp olive oil,1tsp soya
100ml fat-free jogurt

Is this OK?

Dear Netria
The CSIRO diet has been tested by nutrition experts and is perfectly acceptable. You should lose weight esp if you add some daily exercise to the regimen. This amount of protein should not be harmful as it is mainly low-fat and I am pleased to see that they include high-fibre cereals (for regularity and B vitamins) and at least 350 ml of fat-free milk/yoghurt so that you should at least be getting about 500 mg of calcium a day - it may help to take a calcium supplement every second day, as the RDA is 1000 mg/day for adult women.