Question
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/06/06

CS,have u written any books?

I would love to get the text book you mentioned. Also any self help you have written? Names and where i can get it.

GOsh, as author, editor, co-author, etc, literally dozens of books, some out of print.
let's see. Some would still be available but very expensive, given the exchange rate, unless one can get them from a library like UNISA. The main one on MPD would be : 1995. Gullible's Travels : or, The Importance of Being Multiple. Chapter 5, pp. 87-134, In : Dissociative Identity Disorder : Theoretical and Treatment Controversies. Ed. LM Cohen, JN Berzoff, MR Elin. Jason Aronson, New York.
Other notable chapters include : Two large and significant chapters in The International Handbook of Traumatic Stress Syndromes. J.P. Wilson & B. Raphael (Eds). Plenum Press, New York, 1993 ; chapters in : "Beyond Trauma: Papers from the Amsterdam World Conference on Traumatic Stress." Ed. RJ Kleber, CRF Figley, BPR Gersons. Plenum Press, New York, 1996 ; 1997. The Truth of Suffering: Foreword, to: Death and Trauma: Traumatic Bereavement and Death-Related PTSD. Ed. CR Figley, N Mazza, B Bride. Brunner-Mazel, New York, 1997. ; The Second Bullet : Transgenerational impacts of the trauma of conflict within a South African and world context.
Chapter, In : International Handbook of Multigenerational Legacies of trauma. Ed. Yael Danieli. Plenum Press, New York around 2000 ; 1994. Stress and psychosis. Chapter 16, pp. 291-304, In : Schizophrenia: Exploring the Spectrum of Psychosis, Ed. RJ Ancill, S Holliday, J Higenbottam. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester & New York. ; 1988. The malignant metaphor: A political thanatology of AIDS. Chapter 16, pp. 193-208. In: AIDS: Principles,
Practices & Politics. IB Corless & M Pittman-Lindeman (Eds). Hemisphere, Washington DC. ; 1989. AIDS in Africa. Chapter 12, pp. 141-174, In: AIDS: Principles, Practices & Politics : Reference Edition. IB Corless & M Pittman-Lindeman (Eds). Hemisphere, Washington DC. ; 1989. The Malignant Metaphor: A political thanatology of AIDS. Chapter 33, pp. 397- 410. In: AIDS: Principles, Practices & Politics : Reference Edition. IB Corless & M Pittman-Lindeman. (Eds). Hemisphere, Washington DC. ; and older works such as : 1982. The therapeutic uses of truth. In: The Doctor and the Dying Patient. Ed. E. Wilkes. MTP Press, Lancaster ; 1977. Death in modern poetry. In: New Meanings of Death. Ed. H. Feifel. McGraw-Hill, New York. ; 1979. The psychology and sociology of death. In: Dying: Facing the Facts. ed. H Wass. Hemisphere, Washington DC, McGraw-Hill, New York ; 1976. Suicide and self-mutilation. In: Suicidology: Contemporary Developments. Ed. ES Shneidman. Grune & Stratton, New York ; and books such as : 1981. Psycholinguistics in Clinical Practice: Languages of Illness and Healing. Irvington, New York ; 1979. Dying, Death and Grief. Plenum Press, New York.
1979. The Facts of Death. Prentice-Hall, New York ; 1977. The Literature of Death & Dying. A Series of 40 Books, edited, with R Kastenbaum, G. Geddes, G. Gruman. ; 1972. Medical Education: A Critical Approach. Butterworths, London & New York. and many others. It was a hobby, I suppose.
Some self-help articles in magazines and journals round the world, but hard to get now ( magazines don't remain available for long. And my main self-help book was The Facts of Death ( hardcover and paperback way back in 1977, dealing with death, dying and grief, but now out of print, and I haven't had the energuy to revise and update it for a new edition. At least not so far !

4
Posted by: Brtitty | 2008/06/08

John's comment was the best! Nice to know that we are all writing to someone who really knows his stuff, we are all so lucky to have CS help us.

Reply to Brtitty
Posted by: snakeman | 2008/06/06

wow!!!!lol

Reply to snakeman
Posted by: John | 2008/06/06

Talk about whistling for a breeze and getting a tornado! I reckon your reading material is sorted for life.....

Reply to John
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/06/06

wow...thats quite a list!

Reply to almost mad