Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/09/29

CS - Therapeutic side

Hi CS,
Saw psychologist yesterday, she is worried about the hurting episodes, have been hurting myself a lot lately and has asked me to stay away from sharp objects, trying. When we spoke yesterday, everything we spoke about had not been raised while in hospital. I did tell her that there was a lot of things, she didn't realise until last night. Don't know if can continue with therapy, finances were an issue before now reached critical. Can't take much more of anything......Seeing pshychiatrist on Saturday, will have to stop after that session too.....

BT, it sounds as if you have begun to get somewhere significant, so don't give up now. And it'd be an awful shame if simple lack of funds led you to stop therapy when you're starting to get somewhere. Discuss this specific issue in detail with your psychiatrist on Saturday, and make sure you don't leave there until you have made a proper plan for continuing therapy. As a therapist, I have never allowed someone's lack of funds stop productive therapy. Maybe if they can't make an arrangement with you, they could refer you to someone they know at the Medical School Dept of Psychiatry or elsewhere, who could see you free or at low cost ? As you're starting to grapple with significant issues, try to find a way to, well, continue grappling !

1
Posted by: J | 2004/09/29

BT
I dont know what to say, girl.
Seeing and speaking to a psych., in itself, is tiring.But you have to hang in there.For yourself and your daughter.
You know you are always welcome to speak to us.
My thoughts are with you, as always.

J.

Reply to J