Question
Posted by: Jacques12 | 2007/04/24

CS - Stressed out - please help

Hi CS, my mood has changed dramatically , the last few weeks, I feel as if i'm sinking into a deeper depression again. The thing that is eating me is that the company I worked for was in the process of retrenching people and I was going too, it was just a matter of time, I have resigned a few weeks ago after finding a better job, but now I feel stressed out, I have to work my notice period with a firm that does'nt care and I also have to write 2 exams for a degree that I registered for. I look forward to my new job, but at the moment I have to do alot of work in a place I do not want to be anymore and I can't seem to study. I am tired all the time. Please help?????????

OK, J, you've been under a lot of stress lately, but this will settle down. Unfortunate to need to work notice in an uncaring firm --- but stop expecting them to be caring. If they're not, they're not, and you don't need them to care. You are moving on to a better job. Nobody enjoys taking exams, but if you have prepared reasonably these will enable you to progress in the degree you chose to enter for.
Especially if you have medical aid, consider seeing a counsellor, especially if you can find one of the CBT type, to help you cope better with this stress and prepare to make the most of the new opportunities that face you