Question
Posted by: jcat | 2007/02/28

CS : pain and swelling

Hi CS,
You mentioned some pain and swelling around your arm. I know it's weird to offer medical advice to a doctor, but....please will you try some Traumeel? It's a homeopathic remedy, available from most chemists.
We use it at the rehab centre as a standard part of treatment for any broken bones, bruising, swelling etc, and having done some 'comparative testing' myself at home, I am convinced it is really a wonderdrug!
It's cheap, contains nothing harmful, and can really do a lot of good. Please give it a try....our CS's health and comfort matters a lot to us all!
Regards,
jcat

Hey, all kindly advice gratefully accepted ! Will ask about these next time I get out ( you know, the Monday when I'm out of the office for a few hours and widespread panic breaks out ! "}
Traumeel --- presumably available at pharmacies ? And does one rub it on or swallow it ? If both at the same time, might be a bit complex for me to manage !

3
Posted by: jcat | 2007/02/28

- I don't know much at all about homeopathic remedies, other than the ones we use for birds and animals at the rehab centre.
A really good site though to check remedies is altmedicine (.) about (.) com - they give good info on interactions with conventional meds as well.

Reply to jcat
Posted by: Lynda | 2007/02/28

Arnica Oil is excellent rubbed on to any sore joints, muscles, etc. Arnica also comes in tablet form, but with any homeopathic pills, do not touch with the fingers or hands, you have to used the lid to dispense and sort of throw it in your mouth... :)

Reply to Lynda
Posted by: RMC | 2007/02/28

Jact, do you know about Devil's Claw? My hubby takes it with garlic as he has no cartiidge left n some of his joints. Plus we bath in arnica oil (well, we put it in the water, bathing in arnica oil could be a bit messy!) He says it really helps.

And of course I am addicted to my huggie (microwave bean bag)

Reply to RMC