Question
Posted by: Nadine | 2005/07/12

CS - Mark Twain

CS, dont you think some of the things Mark Twain has said in his lifetime is funny. I took a book out at the library with all Mark Twain's quotes and I have never laughed so much in all my life. What a funny character and he was quite quick with his wit, dont you think.

Yes indeed, Mark Twain was a wise and witty old codger, as were a number of interesting authors from the 19th and the 20th century just past, who are unfortunately rather neglected these days, to our loss. Whether Oscar Wilde, or Bernard Shaw, or Stephen Leacock, or whoever, in those days it was prized to have a witty, clever and quick comeback, rather than the tragic lack of it these days "Whatever!" is not an answer to anything at all !

2
Posted by: Nadine | 2005/07/12

What did I tell you - he really tickles my fancy. :-)))))

Reply to Nadine
Posted by: quotation | 2005/07/12

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
US humorist, novelist, short story author, & wit (1835 - 1910)

Reply to quotation