Question
Posted by: Worried | 2004/02/18

CS Joint removed

My CS-Joint was removed as a result of arthiritis. It has been sent to the lab for testing. The calcium has to be drawn from the bone before testing. How long will it take before a report is available. How soon will my doctor be notified if there is any problems, i.e. cancer.

Expert ImageArchive

Depending on the size of the specimen it will take a couple of days to decalcify. It is not possible to tell you exactly. The tissue is tested every day to see if it has decalcified enough for cutting. It is unlikely that there would be cancer if the joint was removed as a result of arthritis.

1
Posted by: Worried | 2004/02/19

My concern is that the MRI Scan indicated that there could be leukemia or bone marrow cancer. The initial procedure was only to do a biopsy to establish what the problem was. It was then discovered that there was arthiritis in the joint, hence the removal thereof.

Reply to Worried