Question
Posted by: Carol | 2004/10/10

CS ....Im petrified

This move of mine resigning and what not has now got me in a cold sweat ..... not having to start over again , not having to look for work ..im not going to be alone ...I know Durban well , my dad and I are very close.

Its having to leave what i know I think ... my life is so predictable up here ..... and I thinks thats whats scaring me .... im going to be without hubs and my dogs ... especialy my boxer girlie ..... and my kitties....

Is this normal ???

heeeeeeeeeelp

Cool, cool, Carol.
If most of us felt entirely comfortable, comfident and cool about making such major changes, nothing would ever stay the same. Predictability seems irritating and annoying when we've got it, and endearing and comforting when we're about to lose it.
Mku apparently doesn't know that you surely do have a life, maybe more than one of them (!) and are planing a very radical revision of this one. Now, as I understood your plans, you would be TEMPORARILY without hubs, dogs, and cats, until you either found a good job etc in Durbs and they joined you, or until you decided that, despite having given it all a good go, this specific new plan wasn't working out, in which case you'd rejoin them.
OK, with dogs and cats, you can't exactly send them, or receive from them, email and phonecalls, but you'll be in contact via your huby. Sounds like a temporary lapse in that famous Carolian confidence.

3
Posted by: Carol | 2004/10/10

When i first saw yr response I thought .. wow am i so dysfunctional ..... then I thought ... no im facing quite a thing here and im quite normal to feel a bit scared ..and
U in all probability have no idea of the background so arent realy entitled to comment.

It also ocurred to me that the general tone around here is dropping which is sad ... people like u put the rest of us of.

thanks mdee .....

Reply to Carol
Posted by: mdee | 2004/10/10

EXCUSE ME Mku-mind your own business-everyone's problems differ-some of us have more sensitivity than others....

Reply to mdee
Posted by: Mku | 2004/10/10

Oh god Carol - GET A LIFE!

Reply to Mku