Question
Posted by: Jacques12 | 2007/04/19

CS - Depression is killing my life

Hi CS - I have major depression, psychosis, OCD, and get anxiety and panic attacks, yesterday I wrote to you about my anxiety on the road. Currently I am using 30mg Cipralex and 100mg Seroquel in the morning.3 Times a day Rivotril 0.5mg and another 100mg Seroquel at night. I have been to 3 Psychologist, with little effect, they keep saying to me what I know and after a time they tell me that they can't help me, because I know more about it than they do, and these are highly respected psychologists. Now the problem for me is It feels I am driving to work, get anxious, get to work, work under heavy pressure,and feel bad most of the day, drive home get anxious, get home and sleep and the day starts over again.The biggest effect that this illness has had on me is that I am not able to do the things I use to do. That is read, study, socialise etc.. I want to know what can I do to live better with this depression.Is there anything I can use for the constant fatigue? Should I take vitamins? Should I sleep less?Please help

I hacve no idea why so many doctors seem to have ben persuaded to use Rivotril, as there's no good evidence I have yet seen for its use in so many people with so many different problems, compared to other drugs. However. But many docs love to use the latest and most expensive alternatives, which this combination seems o be. Sorry that the psychologists didn't work out so far --- I don't see their job as informing you, so your knowledge of the condition should be largely irrelevant --- what matters is using basic CBT principles to enable you to better control the symptoms. It can specifically focus on the situations in which these anxieties arise, the triggers that currently set off the bad feelings, and enable you to unlearn those connections, and re-learn an associartion between driving / the road, and feeling relaxed and confident. And, as you imply, they should be helping you both to minimise the depression and anxiety and to live more confidently WITH such symptoms as remain.

1
Posted by: lady nina | 2007/04/19

hello there

i'm sorry that you're suffering so much, i never could understand depression and never thought i would ever suffer from it

a while back i went for an assesment, not the normal doc but they connect you to a machine an this machine picks up all the things your system experieince as a stress, all the allergies and emotions - even picked up i had a filling in my tooth thats poisoning my body - i was totally impressed with everything i've learned about myself, this lady was working from a book , the author louise l hay - i decide to get as much info i could about this alternative healing.

she says a whole bunch of really awesome stuff but one of the main this she teaches is that we are bound by fear/ guilt and resentment - this destroys our lives in way we can never realize - she gives us some tools to help us cope and heal by teaching us some affimations that if we chose to believe them, can change our lives. i've put this in practice and since then had another accessment - the lady can't believe i'm the same person - the change and healing was just so radical and fast that even she was amased,
another thing this lady teaches is that we need to start loving ourselves and do what is best for us instead of punishing or scaring ourselves all the time. you have no idea the ripple effect this has.

during my first assesment i was diagnosed with diabetes and depression, i've changes my diet - i'm no on any diet though, and both these conditions are healed - to double check this ladies diagnoses i've had it confirmed both times by a gp and phamacist.

why don't you give this a try - i can truely say it's mind boggling and totally amasing what eating the correct food and vitamins and changing your beliefs can do for you

hope you feel better soon

nina

Reply to lady nina