Question
Posted by: Hope* | 2008/01/02

CS and all

Hi Cs,  sorry to hear about your unhappy season.  I had a similar experience with my cat, but it turned out well.  He also went missing.  My neighbors saw a dead cat that looked just like my cat on the side of the road.  When I went to look, the cat had already been moved.  I had started thinking that my cat was dead but  much to my surprise and joy, my dear cat came waltzing into the lounge with his normal regal attitude.  He gave the dirtiest look ever when I told him how glad I am to see him.I Hope CS, that your new year will be a good one.  I understand the sadness of losing a pet.  Hope things will smooth out soon again.I am going again in two weeks to see if the cyst thing has gone.

Thanks for your kind messages, folks. Yes, one understands how cats get the reputation of having 9 lives. And, considering his first 3-day disappearance, I recall that insouciant air with which he wandered back in, not at all respecting our despair ! Ness's theory of the old woman may have some basis. Once when he returned after a few days away, he dashed to his food plate, but first vomited up a tummy full of food he certainly didn't get from us. Looked like human-type fish rather than cat-food, so either someone had been bribing him to stay, or he's a true cat burglar !
Good luck with your next appointment, Hope* --- let's hope there will have been some good progress with the cyst thing !

4
Posted by: Ness | 2008/01/02

Would you like a puppy :-)

Sorry to here about kitty cat. I have no words, yes he may come back and no he may not. He has gone off before so dont right him off just yet. I assume you have checked all the local SPCA's, Vet etc. Some lonely old woman has probably got him captive some where feeding him tuna steaks and cheddar melts, but there is only so long that can last for :-) He'll be back

As for the new year, thanks for all your best wishes for last year, it did f all, in the future please send money, beer and petrol vouchers. Thanks

Reply to Ness
Posted by: jcat | 2008/01/02

Keeping fingers crossed that something similar has happened with MegaMoggy, and that he returns soon.

Reply to jcat
Posted by: Hope* | 2008/01/02

That's OK, Maria. I had a very dear dear cat when I was nine, it disappeared when we moved to another town. The removal people brought the cat to us two weeks later, she was hiding inside the engine of the truck! Can you believe it.

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: Maria | 2008/01/02

Hi CS,
Don't give up on Megamoggy, we had a cat that got back after a week, he had been locked up in a neighbour's garage.

Hope*, sorry for hijacking your post. Happy New Year!

Reply to Maria