Question
Posted by: jcat | 2007/12/18

CS: a bit worried...

...about you. In your reply to Dude earlier you said
"my Christmas will be bleak enough anyhow"

- you do so much for the forum, and there are a whole lot of people round the country who appreciate your time and advice. Is there anything perhaps that we could do for you, to make you feel less bleak about Christmas?

Regards,
jcat

Thanks, jcat et al. ( especially al !) --- very thoughtful of you, but I'll get by. There's nothing much anyone can do to help, I was maybe feeling extra down at the time having just ended some 24 hours in the dark, and had been contemplating the loss of everything in the fridges and freezers. Fortunately that seems to have been saved, though only just !
But for a few years I've been looking after my mother who is nearing 90 and dementing, and currently in rather rapid decline, and at times very difficult indeed. But apart from donations of packs of large size adult disposable diapers ( only joking, folks, though barely joking !) there's really nothing else anyone can do. I'll do my best to give her as good a Christmas as she can recognize, as it will probably be her last. Its sad whenever someone dies, but with senility, a bit of them dies every day --- every morning less of them wakes up to be with you. And when you remember what an indomitable and brilliant women she once was, it's sad, though perhaps merciful that the decline was rapid enough that she hasn't really realized the state she has entered, which would probably be the ultimate horror.
For some good news, Megamoggy is indeed looking better, his wounds healing, and feling well enough to get naughty and greedy again, which is always a reassuring sign. But has still lost his voice, and is developing an expressive range of signs and grunts. The main problem is that when he goe3s out for a walk ( after 3 weeks being housebound ) I can't hear his usual meow when he wants to be let into the house again. I'll have to try to teach him to ring the doorbell, or use a knocker.

5
Posted by: carol | 2007/12/19

Maria, with all the rain we have been having here in JHB, haven't been able to go outdoors, today the sun is shining, but in between more clouds, hopefully it will only rain at night :)

Yesterday we never had water. Its a continuous thing here, its either no water, no electricity or both! We survived 3 days with no electricity in winter. It was hectic!

Reply to carol
Posted by: Maria | 2007/12/19

Well look on the bright side wrt load shedding... at least we don't live in the Northern hemisphere! We can light candles, have a braai and enjoy ourselves outdoors.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Hope* | 2007/12/19

Hi CS, if its the load shedding you're referring to, then I agree about the bleak Christmas, but JCat does bring a good point, how are you?

You have to know by now that I think the world of you CS. I have found your words to be both comforting and motivational. I wish you could be my shrink!

To you CS and MegaMoggy, I wish you a lovely Christmas season and wish you all the best in the world.

(((((Hugs))))))
Hope*

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: Jelly | 2007/12/19

If load shedding continues we will all have a rather bleek Christmas …

Reply to Jelly
Posted by: Maria | 2007/12/19

I agree with jcat. Someone who can make so much difference in other people's lives deserve to have a good Christmas. CS I understand that you prefer not to share many personal details here, but if there is some way we can brighten up your Christmas without turning up on your doorstep, please let us know!

Reply to Maria