Posted by: anonymous | 2008/08/15

Thanks for the advice about taking a little extra Risperdal for the emotional rollercoaster I’ m experiencing. My shrink left the number of another shrink, but the receptionist wasn’ t very nice when I called, and I practically had to beg her to ask the shrink for advice about my medication. The receptionist came back to me after a couple of hours and told me the shrink said I should increase the Risperdal with .5 mg. I took 1.5 mg last night and because I still feel a bit hyper I took an extra .5 mg and some Xanor this morning. I don’ t know if this is the correct thing to do. I’ ve been talking non stop at work this morning, but I must say the extra energy is very welcome! I haven’ t cried since yesterday and spent the best part of last night planning all the things I want to do today.

Have a good day!

This does sound like the start of a manic episode, so the extra Risperdal is probably wise. Don't let nasty receptionists put you off. Sitting up much of the night planning the next day sounds oh so manic, and is ultimately exhausting rather than useful. I suppose you know when your own shrink will be returning, and have made an appointment to see him pronto after his return ?