Question
Posted by: Maria | 2008/01/10

CS

Hey CS, welcome back. Did Megamoggy come home? And if I may ask, how is your mom?

Thanks, guys. And thanks to you all for your re-assurance about the penchant departed cats have for returning. Megamoggy is indeed back ! He left early morning the Friday before Christmas, and was gone for nearly 3 weeks. Then last Monday, at 5 am in the rain, I heard some loud meowing at the front door, and in he wandered, unperturbed, and demanded breakfast. Though very hungry and thirsty, he didn't seem to have lost weight, so one still wonders what happened. He's been dramatically more affectionate since he returned, and insists on sitting close to us rather than aloof on his own as before. He's been grounded thus far ; it's hard to trust him to go out again, though I suppose we'll have to do so. At present, as a compromise, I carry him out onto the stoep every morning to see for himself that he really isn't missing anything.
And my mother is getting by, with more problems for me to deal with, but, after a horrible weekend between Christmas and New Year when one day I thought we'd lose her at any minute, she rallied, and has recovered her appetite, and still manages some happy times in the day, which is probably what counts.
I haven't yet been able to check, but hope that the problems that have bedevilled the forums since well before Christmas, have been solved --- at its worst, I was having to re-log-in every half-minute, needing 3 log-ins to even READ each question, another to check existing replies, and 2 or 4 to post a reply --- impossible working conditions. But the folks have, I'm told, been working at it, and let's hope things will work fine this year !

1
Posted by: Anon2 | 2008/01/10

Welcome back CS! I hope everything is going well. You were sorely missed.

Reply to Anon2