Question
Posted by: Twig | 2007/06/01

CS

Hi CS

I’ve started reducing my meds about three weeks ago (Epitec 300 mg to 200, Wellbutrin 300 mg to 150, and Risperdal 1 mg to 0,5) since my condition has been stable for a while. I’ve experienced extreme irritation, and some thoughts about ending my life, the past week. Are these feelings and thoughts only withdrawal symptoms? I’m at a loss what to do now. Increase the meds again or just wait and ride the mood out?

Irritability sometimes, but suicidal thoughts are never "only withdrawal symptoms". Consider increasing the meds until you can see your prescribing shrink for a re-assessment and discussion of whether ( and if so, how ) to withdraw the meds