Question
Posted by: H25 | 2007/05/04

CS

CS

So I now have my "wonderful" stocking! At the moment (I reserve the right to change this!) it doesn't seem as uncomfortable as I expected it to be, BUT it is at the moment (I find anyway) quite difficult to put on (more so than take off!) It goes right up to just about my waist! Far longer than I was expecting. I got it from Orthocast in Sunninghill hospital and when I went there today (they're on the 3rd floor) the lift wasnt working! Yipee doo!

There is a slip with it to put it on and it says in the booklet that you should use gloves to avoid damaging the stocking.

I have to let them know sometime next week how it feels and they will then only order my 2nd one (my surgeon said I should have 2 to alternate them) if its ok. I guess it will take a bit of getting used to (wearing, putting on, taking off etc).

Have a good weekend.

Hey, I'd find ordinary stocking difficult to put on ! And if this is tight enough to produce significant compression, it must be hard to put on --- and maybe that makes it hard for it to roll off inconveniently. Sounds like you'll be getting quite a bit of practice in putting it on and off. When I was a kid, many ladies still wore gloves, and not only when putting on their stockings ! Hope it becomes comfortable and useful

1
Posted by: ???????? | 2007/05/04

wtf????///

Reply to ????????