Question
Posted by: H25 | 2007/05/03

CS

CS

Thanks for your reply. I tried to get the stocking today - they did the necessary measurements and they tried one but it was just slightly too long - I am short! They had to order one, so I have to go tomorrow to have it fitted. Luckily its just up the road at the hospital near us so it will be quick and easy! I have also already paid for it - R570! Apparently they are made in Sweden that's why they are so expensive. I have to have the full one. Its much longer than I expected - it goes up to just above the knee!

He said there were 3 causes of the lymphoedema:

1 after having cancer surgery
2 parasitic blockage
3 congenital deficiency of the lymph channels

It seems I have no. 3.

How's the arm doing and how's Megamoggy?

Will report on the fitting tomorrow! They don't expect it to arrive
before lunch time.

Well, I suppose at that price one should brag about one's exotic special Swedish stockings. If they do the job required, they'll be worth it. I'm pretty sure the surgeon was talking of your right leg, as with the impaired lymph drainage, it could deal with infections less well than usual.
Arm variable --- maybe all those old wives tales about such injured parts being bothersome when the weather changes are true ; a week ago it felt more painful and awkward and worried me a lot more ; gradual improvement this week. Megamoggy doing fine, though, just like last year he very strongly disapproves of Winter, and he strongly suspects that winter is entirely My Fault. So he trots to the door for his usual morning outing, sniffs the cold air, and gives me a De Niro look that says : " ME ? You expect ME to go out in weather like that ? "

1
Posted by: H25 | 2007/05/04

CS

My surgeon also said it is critical that I dont develop any trauma/infection in my leg/foot and that any scratch that I get that doesn't seem to heal needs to be looked at by my doctor and I need to get antibiotic treatment if necessary. He said "I am talking hours here, NOT days!" Was he referring to just my right leg or both my legs (but obviously particularly my right leg)?

Have a good weekend.

Reply to H25