Question
Posted by: Twig | 2007/04/19

CS

Depression is creeping up on me despite the fact that I’m taking my meds. It is slowly eroding my resolve not to end my life. I have nothing to live for, but I’m scared to die. I’m useless, totally useless. So many ill people who are dying want to live, and here I am with no illness and I want to die. I’m ashamed of myself.

Then the meds are no the best choice of meds for you, or the dose isn't right, or maybe you haven't been taking them for long enouh --- and maybe your doc is relying too muh on meds alone, and you should also be receiving CBT counselling. You are not at all useless, and need and deserve very urgent attention from an appropriate psychiarist / psychologist to lift this depression and find again the joy in life you can achieve