Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2007/03/05

CS

Just a note to say I am feeling much beter this week, had a very long discussion with my boyfriend (who acts like my Shrink) most of the time, listening to him and his comfort and understanding really just take away most of my anxiety,

I know I am alot like my dad in many ways, (die appel val nie ver van die boom nie) but like my boyfriend said I am my own person and I must seperate myself from the fact that my dad has cancer - and not try to carry everything his feelings and emotions for him.

Just seperate myself so I can also stay sane, I am feeling a lot beter still worried but trying to keep a balance on things. Still having nightmares thou but sleeping much beter.

One day at a time

Hi Kasandra --- thanks so much for taking the time to report back --- so pleased to hear that you are feeling better. Yes, by not trying to directly cary your dad's burden, you will be MORE able to be helpful to him when he needs help, and he will feel more comfortable in asking for help and support when he needs it.