Question
Posted by: Buzz | 2007/02/23

CS

Yesterday's posting from Nerd? about using information from the forum, made me think.

Did you mention once that Carte Blanche may be interested in doing a documentary about these forums? Obviously, Carte Blanche would do things the right way in conjunction with H24, but I'd find such a programme very interesting. If you didn't say this, forgive me, I think I have the beginning of old-timers, my memory isn't what it used to be.

Have a great weekend CS, and everyone else.

As another old-timer, yes, at one stage such a possibility was raised, though Carte Blanche has a very short attention-span, and seems mostly interested in health stories that are critical of orthodox doctors and treatment. The possibility might arise again, and then I expect they might be interested in contacting some volunteer regular users of the forums, with anonymity duly provided --- if that possibility arises again, I'd let folks know here on the forum, and you could respond ( or not !)
RMC's suggestion sounds like an excellent idea, too. And yes, I have found Derek Watts very friendly and affable. Really easy to aff.

10
Posted by: Buzz | 2007/02/23

I'm sure you have your hands full RMC!!! Still, it must be nice to be involved in an event of this magnitude. Good luck!

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: RMC | 2007/02/23

I do business development - basically training these people how not to stuff up for 2010!

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Buzz | 2007/02/23

Thanks CS!

RMC, that's fascinating - being involved in the 2010 arrangements! Without giving away too much, what do you do? Hmmm, Kit Kat!!!

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: RMC | 2007/02/23

LOL, No - the window opened twice, almost like it was ghosting, so guess N24 took the reply twice. But the 3 cups of coffee and chunky kit kat could make me start to stutter soon.

And Gary Bailey is also a gentle giant! And a vegetarian! I am involved in 2010 so met him at one of his presentations where we brought him in to speak to SMMEs.

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Buzz | 2007/02/23

He is very tall - we attended a Toyota function one night, and Derick was the MC. Me, being the considerate smoker, went outside around the corner to have my fix, and he came up to me, extended a firm handshake, asked me for a ciggie and chatted as if he's known me for years. Then we saw him and his family at Sun City one weekend - he is a gentle giant and I must say, very charming.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: RMC | 2007/02/23

I will be waiting in anticipation! I must say, I never realised how tall Dereck Watts is, he came to our school once - the man is a giant!

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Buzz | 2007/02/23

RMC - are you stuttering today?

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: RMC | 2007/02/23

That would really be interesting! It would be nice if a temporary forum could even be opened for it and we could comment on why we use it and so on.

And if CS did not suggest it, then you can take all the credit when they do?

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Buzz | 2007/02/23

LOL RMC, I'm almost 100% sure it was something CS said. Will have to wait and see what he says.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: RMC | 2007/02/23

Reply to RMC