Question
Posted by: E | 2006/10/25

CS

Dear CS
I feel so sad today. I just want to cry. I think I’m so ungrateful. I really don’t appreciate what I’ve got and I’m going to be punished for it. I still feel I have nothing to live for, but try my best not to take too many tranquillisers at a time to forget I’m alive. It is a real temptation. I want to go home and get into bed and forget everything. Will this feeling ever go away? I’m seeing a therapist once a week, but I will have to stop soon because it is too expensive.

Nice responses. You have much to live for, even if it's not all obvious to you today. But DO raise this very very specifically with your therapist, before thinking of stopping the process. And insist on a practical, CBT oriented approach, rather than airy fairy wandering through the past

3
Posted by: E | 2006/10/26

Today - Not a sad day. Not a bad day. Just a nothing day. Life goes on and so do I.

Reply to E
Posted by: Chelle | 2006/10/25

Hi E

Sorry to hear you are having such a sad day! Sometimes things can get a bit much, and you have been through such alot for quite some time. It's going to take time to get past this - but it will get better!

I think sometimes a day in bed, sleeping or reading, or watching some tv is very helpful. It's not necessarily a bad thing! Maybe you do need some time out - time out to just do what you feel like doing -no work pressure or people pressure.

Sometimes we just need to BE - and do what our body is asking us to do.

Tranquilisers can also make a person feel down - and yes sometimes we feel like deadening the pain - but if not taken correctly, they can just worsen the situation. Please be careful with those.

Take each day, one day at a time, and it will get better!

Best wishes.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/25

all i can say is go outside and feel the breeze on your cheeks then find a huge tree and hold onto it and just let your hands touch it. what this will do is get you intouch with the bigger scheme of things. i know it wont take away any of the problems but it will help you shut themout for a while, there is amazing energy that you can draw from the trees silence yourself and you will see the effect it will have on you. and yes this feeling will go away.

Reply to kat