Question
Posted by: Blompot | 2006/04/11

CS

Hehe CS....I do feel like a pressure cooker - but you may have hit the nail on the head. I think BF feel inadequate with doing his research – not necessarily sitting on his arse and getting info – although he also have a whole lot of excuses . Research can be quite intimidating – but I said I will help, give guidance. I even went so far as to say I will type his dissertation as the referencing and technical lay – out is also tricky!

Have not taken any of his financial responsibilities – his parents are providing for that. Accommodation, food, petrol ext. I don’t want to criticize too much regarding the money, I know he feels bad when I say lets go out for dinner – I will pay ext. I don’t want to embarrass –I can also feel his frustration – he can’t really get a job because he need to be on top form at the clinic, end they work everyday. I also feel it’s unfair to not give these students anything?? I earned a bit of money when I did my psychometric internship.

Just to vent a bit helps – this is the man I want to spend my life with, just have to be strong

Maybe he should change the subject of his dissertation, and study the excuses and delaying tactics invented by people doing their dissertations ! Like when you have to write an essay, and start by sharpening every pencil in the house ! OK, so you have to be strong -- but the trick will be encouraging HIM to be strong, too.