Question
Posted by: C. | 2006/04/08

CS.

Can you be correct? This is not exactly how I remember the manics, but sure, I can make connexions. Needing no sleep, thoughts racing, etc, etc. But isn't it impossibble though? Being on meds and not having had a manic episode for more than 4 years. Not that I'm complaining though. I can now actually have enjoyable and decent, clever ass conversations with the hubby. My mind always picks the most prominent 'little' detail and then runs with it. Making it look very comic in context. If you follow. Nothing escapes it, nor it's mercy. I now remember how I loved them. Like being on a drug without being on a drug.
I guess that puts me on two of those then.
Just to make this post legal, I have a q. What makes ones mind cut out / erase / re-boot / whatever? Too many times now (it used to happen often, but only recently appeared again) I would suddenly have no idea where I am or going. It always happens in the exact same types of road. One with tall trees on the sides, and no robots or stop signs, just stretching. I would then just drive on till I see something familiar (and that's usually robots or stop signs), after which I can also remember where I'm going. Is there a specific reason for this?

Possible, not necessarily probable --- and your degree of insight, to be prepared to even consider the issue, is promising. If those conversations with hubby are enjoyable for BOTH of you ( unlike Trevor or HomoeoFlatus who amuse mainly themselves ! ) that sounds healthy. Sometimes after a period of depression, one gets a sort of "bounce", reaching slightly above normal mood, without necessarily going into manic hyperspace.
Your second question is very interesting, and rather puzzling. Sounds like a spacing out of a dissociative sort, which might arise for various reasons. Sometimes, depending on the light conditions, as one moves down a road with tall trees on the sides, this produces a subtle ( sometimes not so subtle ) flickering of light in one's eyes, to which some people are especially sensitive, and might move them ionto a sort of reverie. In such people, when an EEG is done, measuring the brain waves, one sees a specific response when a light is flickered at particular frequencies.