Question
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

CS

Chow for now. Hope you had a good day shopping and didn't buy too many choccies! Enjoy your evening.

Ech, starting with the Great Petrol Hunt, and fortunately early on found a Sasol station in Duncan Street which actually had unleaded petrol. I smell a VERy very large rat in this whole affair. We discover that nearly 5 cents in every rand we pay for petrol, amounting to well over R 700 million a year, goes to the petrol companies to cover all their costs for building extra tanks and storing a 3 to 4 week supply of petrol to cover any such emergency --- turns out the companies have been happilly pocketing the cash, and not storing anything ! Needs a full investigation, and potentially, if appropriate, prosecutions of the top management of the guilty oil companies, for criminal fraud. But of course nothing like that will happen.
I like your associations with Chow, but I keep thinking of a very large fluffy Chow dog, when I see it spelled that way ! So. Alsation !

7
Posted by: Nicolai | 2005/12/15

I also write it as Chow instead of Ciao...I think its the link with chowing food and Italians :) my Nonna wouldn't have cared how it as spelt!

Reply to Nicolai
Posted by: aaa | 2005/12/15

Yeah, so get a life Dictionary.

Reply to aaa
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

Yes, on purpose. I was only nine when my Italian grandmother died and it was a joke between us that I keep alive for myself.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Dictionary | 2005/12/14

You do? On purpose?

Reply to Dictionary
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

Dictionary, sorry if it annoys you, but that is the way I spell it!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Dictionary | 2005/12/14

Frusty, it's spelt CIAO, not Chow. Sorry, it annoys me every time I see it.

Reply to Dictionary
Posted by: shooter | 2005/12/14

ciao frusty & cs

Reply to shooter