Question
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/13

CS

Morning CS. How are you this morning? I hope you had a restful evening.

I have decided to change the words to the old song, "London Bridge is falling down" to "Hemel Hampstead's oil depot is burning down". Eek! What a disaster. They said that they are hoping to douse the flames this morning but in the same breath they also said that they have had to pull out all the firemen as the flames are too close to one of the other big tanks! Am I being blonde, or is that contradictory? At least we are up north and not under that massive smoke cloud. I also believe that the initial explosion was heard on the coast of France and the Netherlands. Awesome!

Have a lovely day.

Having worked for so long, in the past, close to London Bridge, walking across it at times on my way home, I like the original words, too.
Yes, our Minister in charge of fuel, in the midst of dramatic shortages of fuel all round the country, caused by masive negligence in many places, was astonished to hear about it at a press conference --- apparently she never watches the local news or reads newspapers.

4
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/13

Informal Holiday Settlements next to Ultra city?

Reply to Jakes
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/13

Fuel shortagein holidays.....Thats gonna be interesting....
I suppose people will camp next to the ultra cities???

And its no problem!!?
How?

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/13

Well, we got the message via T.V. not to panic and fill up. Apparently the depot that is burning is not a major cause for concern, but it is the biggest one! It is "ONLY" one section that is burning! Eish! They do my head in when they keep contradicting themselves.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/13

Good morning also - managed to eventually drag yourself out of the warm bed i see!

Fuel shortage - what fuel shortage is what our dear minister of energy is saying. Some of my collegues travelling from Midrand experienced it this morning. Would the Brittish minister say the same thing and would there be a problem?

Reply to Jakes