Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/18

CS

Hi there,
You are right, don't want responsibility anymore, I know I need to do this and that is that, but don't want to.......can't seem to, the willpower to say NO is not there, it is easier to go along with the flow. (I am starting to like the easy way out - no fuss) I really can't explain. I was the calm one of the weekend as well, bf's child visited and it was a hectic time, the child is testing his boundaries and when the bf lost it I simply took over and things panned out, so I do take a certain amount of responsibility is some areas but my own life currently not any good in, I want to step out of it if that makes sense.

As for the work, yeah, it is frustrating, I created certain stuff which is being changed, the value it added becoming useless, creating double work for me which I feel is a waste of time, I am so sick and tired of doing these types of jobs that I just don't want to do anything and I don't think they want to give me anything else, I don't want anything else either. It just isn't worthwhile to do anything, it will just be changed or altered or ignored, so why bother.

I am not being very diplomatic today either, seem to be dreading on toes. In a very irratable mood, couldn't give a living hoot anymore about this whole flippin world. Sorry.......

Hi BT,
Sometimes part of the problem in this extreme reluctance to move on things that need to be done, is that one is contemplating the whole huge task in one vast pile, rather than breaking it into bite-size portions. You may have a good appetite and eat well, but if you had to face one month's food at one tme and on one large table, it'd put you off.
So instead of doing nothing, sart with small tasks that will add up to something noticeable ( it's better than the boredom of nothing ) ; and don't give up booze forever, in one massive decision. Give it up for today, then tomorrow, then the next day. In the work, maybe if you were more obviousl handling the present tasks, they'd be more enthusiastic about handing you different tasks, about which you'd feel more enthusiastic, too.
Try giving very small hoots, rather than large living one s ?