Question
Posted by: Self-Esteem | 2004/02/17

Crushed

I really love my gf and we had great times but she told me the weekend that Im embarrasing to go out with or be with. Im not a terrible looking guy and i eat quiet and with my mouth closed and im a bit hairy not bushy just some on my chest and legs! She told me i eat funny, walk funny, look funny, act funny, etc. It carried on! I really dont feel good about myself after all that! And I dont wanna go through all the bad things again! She is not perfect either but it never bothered me! How can i feel good about myself if my "GF" say things to me like that?

Dear Self-Esteem,
Don't allow this immature, silly little girl, upset you by her insults. It sounds like she isn't yet grown-up enough to have a proper relationship with a man, and invented excuses to enable her to get out of this relationship, and look for someting else. Sadly, she's unlikely to find someone as sincere and concerned as you are, but that's her concern. You can tell her that, now that she's mentioned it, YOU feel embarassed to be seen out with someone so immature and cruel to a person who cares about her and has treated her kindly.
Recognize that when someone is so blindly cruel, that tells us an awful lot about her, and tells us ( and you ) nothing at all about you. It's like a barking dog --- it tells us the dog is upset or excited, but it doesn't say anything at all about those of us who get barked at.

6
Posted by: volcano | 2004/02/17

Self-Esteem, you should be gratefull to be rid of a selfish little bitch like that. She is typically the type that will come running back when the new relationship does not work out (full of excuses). Then you will have your chance to show her that you are a gentleman by politely showing her the door.

Reply to volcano
Posted by: JZ | 2004/02/17

seems that she wants out, and don't know how to tell you.

Reply to JZ
Posted by: flower | 2004/02/17

as much as it hurts right now, break away. You don't deserve to be treated like that.

I also like hairy men, so what is her problem????

Reply to flower
Posted by: Soul | 2004/02/17

Hey There Sweetie

This girl is not woman enough to tell you what the problem is so she'll act immature like the girl she is by insulting you on any and every level possible.

Move on with your life and don't let some childish immature girl get you down about yourself there is a real woman out there just waiting for a loving compasionate man like yourself.

And just for the record there is nothing more sexier than a man with a hairy chest!!!

Take Care
Soul

Reply to Soul
Posted by: J | 2004/02/17

Seems she wants out but doesnt know how to do it

Reply to J
Posted by: Felt the same | 2004/02/17

Hi Crushed,
If this is what your girlfriend is saying to you, then I'm sorry, she's just not worth it. Friends don't do that to each other...

Think a little of how you feel about yourself and what makes you happy.. It's time you move on - there is someone out there I'm sure that is willing to love you for who you are. Yes you're not perfect, but then again, no one is! Don't let her immaturity get you done - it's not worth it.

Reply to Felt the same