Question
Posted by: Cat | 2004/10/12

CRUSH : WHAT IS IT AND HOW DO YOU GET OVER IT!

Hi there. I've had a crush on a person for about a year now. We are both at university - but he is older than me. I am happy with just being friends with him considering i could never have any other kind of relationship with him, due to the fact that he already has someone. I am not only physically attracted to him, but attracted to his personality as well. He is basically almost everything i look for in a guy.

The problem is i don't know if its still a crush ...or more than that. How would you define a crush and how do you know if your feelings for someone has progressed to something more than a crush. If its more than a crush which i think it might be, i need to get over it a.s.a.p., but don't know how. Everything about him appeals to me and i think about him a lot (...although i know i shouldn't) - i do it cos it gets me in a happy and more lively and confident mood, even when i'm having a bad day. Being around him makes the whole world seem like a better place.
I also feel guilty about these feeling cos i shouldn't be having a crush on such a person. I've been battling with these feelings for him for the past year and i want to let go, but don't know how. Please help!

isn't a crush more just raw emotion, than having any thought-through, mature, rational component to it ?

1
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/12

Hi Cat,

A suggestion: I posted earlier today, something called "Reading Material: LOVE.
I would like if you looked at it then commented further on this posting of yours...

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun