Question
Posted by: LC | 2004/11/25

Cross training

Hi there,
I have been doing spinning for 2 years and although I get great results when stick to 3 or 4 times a week I'm sooo bored! I have now joined a gym and intend to do the following programme. Pls advise whether this combo will help weightloss and toning. Thanx

Spinning 45 mins, once a week
Treadmill 30 mins fast, uphill, and rowing 10mins once a week
Weights 1 hr, once a week
Yoga 1and a half hours once a week if possible, otherwise every second week

Hi LC

It sounds fine. I probably represents a slightly easier programme than what you have done up to now, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It is most definitely a more comprehensive plan. The yoga you do is going to improve your stability and strength and flexibility, and the weights are good for toning. I think that the important thing is to be consistent - most training programmes work if you give them long enough. So stick with it, and I'm sure that it will work. one last thing, don't be scared to go back to what you feel you know on a whim - if you suddenly feel like spinning, then go for it. If you feel like running for a whole week, go for it!