Question
Posted by: Erasmus | 2004/01/20

Cronic Bladder infection

My son is 8 years old. His got bladder infection on a constant basis. Feb last year they have done a sistogram and scope to determine if they have to inject macroplastique if the valve is not working. It has shown that the valve is working (at that stage.) Six month later he started again complaining of pain during urination and a pain in his backside. They have done unine and blood tests and an organism called interbactro came out of there test. They have put him for three weeks on antibiotics (Macrodantin and Amoxil). 6 weeks later and now we are back to square one. The prelim unrine report (MKS) has shown a bactria count of 20 his got fever again and alo complains if he has to urinate. I have to mention that every time he swims in a swimming pool with chlorine his ill afterwards. I feel sorry for him and needs a opinion on what else can we done except for medicine every 3-5 months.

Erasmus, something is definitely the matter here, but it’s difficult to say what without being able to examine him. It might be due to an abnormality of bladder lining or the kidneys (it wouldn’t have shown up on the cystogram). The best would probably be to get a second opinion from a different urologist and see what he says. Good luck.

1
Posted by: JP | 2004/01/21

how is his water intake? i also had problems and only found out later it is bcoz my water intake was not adequate. we need water to" flush out " as my doc put it. Remember water is different to fizzy drinks etc. so the 2 litre a day rule must b followed. I know some of us cannot drink water on its own (like me), so add a drop of lemon juice -
good luck

Reply to JP