Posted by: nicky | 2008/09/19

crohns disease with possibility of colit

I have crohns disease and im on steroids to bring the inflamation down but im lucky if i push any stools like 1x month, goin for enema soon, xrays on my intestine and bowel etc... what iwould like to know what happens to all that food intake withthe inflamation.... can that burst and cause puss or abscess and can it be fatal to my organs? how serious is Crohns disease with colitis??

Please help..

THanks doc

Dear Nicky

Thank you for visiting

It is very important to ask your specialist these questions, as he/she will have the answers. Colitis is a serious disease that needs intense specialist care/treatment, as the forming of abscesses and bowel perforation is unfortunately, side-effects of the disease. To exactly know what is going on, you need to have a colonoscopy done.

Kind regards