Posted by: Janine Boosey | 2008/08/14

Crohn' s disease

Hi Cyberdoc

I was diagnosed with Crohn' s about 2 years ago and my doctor is Dr Schmidt, however i have recently heard conflicting opinions of my doctor from ex-patients of his. Should i get a second opinion and if so would you be able to recommend a doctor i should see.? Is there a crohn' s centre or crohn' s specialist that can monitor my sickness and recommend the best meds for me.


Cape Town

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hi Janine
I don’t know Dr Schmidt at all but if you feel that he does not treat you optimally you have the right to get a second opinion. You could ask Dr M Girdwood for a second opinion – he has a special interest in Crohn’s disease. Tel 021 531 0999 in Vincent Palotti hospital, Pinelands.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Etienne | 2008/10/17

I would like to know a dieet,and what I can eat,every thing so far give me pain,not just pain,but extreme! pain.

Reply to Etienne
Posted by: Hayley | 2008/08/14

You seem to be living near Goodwood. Dr Michael Elliot in Claremont is really good and quite famous too!

Reply to Hayley

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.