Posted by: Trev | 2004/10/11

Crohn's Disease

My Fiance has been diagnosed with irretable boul syndrom(IBS),
can she be missed diagnosed with Crohn's Disease? I have seen a medicatrion on the web called A.M.P, is this available localy and where could i find it?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Trev
It depends on what kind of tests were used to diagnose the IBS. If your fiancé had a colonoscopy then the dr would have been able to clearly see if she has IBS or Crohn's disease - so if she has not had a colonoscopy then this is something she could discuss with her physician. Crohn's disease does, however, have many other symptoms besides flatulence, distention and abdominal pain, including rectal bleeding, fever during acute bouts, etc. I must admit that I am not acquainted with this medication and I would suggest that your fiancé should also discuss using this or any other medication with the physician as some medications could cause more harm than good.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.