Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2004/02/17

Creme de la Mer - I need advice!

Dear CyberDoc,

I asked you a question a while ago about Creme de la Mer and you said that your wife and her sister uses it with great success. I have now been using it for almost a month. I never had black heads, only white heads. It seems that the white heads have now increased since using the cream. Do you think that my skin could just be cleasing itself? I am a bit worried, because I want my skin to be clear when I get married in a months time!

Can you please give me advice!

Regards,

Sarah

Sarah, La Mer® is a very rich cream and it might be that it is too oily for your skin. The best would be to get a good cleanser and to apply the La Mer® sparingly and only at night. YSL makes a product called Temps Majour (I think that’s how it’s spelled) that is supposed to be less oily, but it is even more expensive. Maybe the best would be to see a dermatologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.